Skip to content
Plot in Biblical Narrative
- Briefly define “Plot”.
- What are the adverse effects of not reading an account in light of its place in the Biblical plot line?
- What do you think about all of the plots being connected in the Bible?
Character in Biblical Narrative
- What do the authors of the Bible use characters for?
- What do you think about the characteristics and names of characters describing their character?
- Why are the biblical characters so different from the characters we read about in stories today? Now that we know this, how can we use this knowledge to relate to Biblical accounts more fully?
- What can we learn and imitate from characters in the Bible?
Setting in Biblical Narrative
- How do authors use setting to help and mess with the reader? Can you think about a book or movie wherein the setting and the plot didn’t quite line up with your expectations?
- What is the major plot twist with the setting of Egypt through the Bible? What about the Wilderness?
- What are your thoughts about the segment on time? Why is Christ’s 40 days in the wilderness messing with our expectations of settings, specifically the number 40?
Design Patterns in Biblical Narrative
- What are some of the best ways to discern design patterns in the Bible? What can we then do when we see these design patterns?
- What does Jesus do to these design patterns?
- What are some other design patterns you can think of in the Bible?