Skip to content
What is the Bible
- During what time in the Israelites’ history were their texts compiled together?
- What does TaNaK stand for?
- What does the Hebrew Scripture (The Old Testament and the other Second Temple writings) seek to
- What is Jesus’ claim about the TaNak?
- What are the three types of writings of the New Testament? Who wrote them?
What is the Story of the Bible
- What does Adam mean in Hebrew?
- What was the purpose of humanity when we were created in Eden?
- What happens when we try to take the power away from God and claim it for ourselves?
- What is the importance of Abraham and Sarah?
- What are some of the big claims that Jesus makes?
- What is the connection between the fruit tree in the garden and the cross?
Literary Styles in the Bible
- What are the three main Biblical literary styles mentioned in the video? What are the percentages each literary style occupies in the Bible?
- Are the Biblical characters the perfect example of who we should be? Why or why not?
- What reason does the video give for the importance of poetry in the grand Biblical narrative? What are the three types of poems the video provides?
- What is Pros Discourse?
Jewish Meditation Literature
- Why is it important to understand that the Bible was not written in the 21st century, and is not a part of Western culture?
- What is the importance of reading the Bible slowly and methodically?
- What are your first thoughts about everything in the Bible being connected (think about the word “offspring” that the video used)? Have you ever thought about this before?