Skip to content
Questions: Historical Context
- How many letters are there in the New Testament? Who wrote them?
- What is the literary style that the letters are being written in?
- What are the three levels of historical context when thinking about the letters?
- Briefly describe how the Romans ruled the land around the Mediterranean?
- How did follows of Christ live in opposition to the Roman culture.
- Why is it important to read the letters within their context?
- Who wrote the most letters in the New Testament? Did he write these letters alone? Why is this important?
- How were these letters meant to be conveyed to others?
- What is the order of each of these letters (on the whole)?
- What are some important transition words? What is their purpose?
- At the end of the video, they gave us a good way to discern the literary context and meaning of any given letter. What was that process?